Friday, June 11, 2010

Peace, Baby, Peace!


Can you see the tiny footprints inside the peace sign?  To me that is what makes this a true work of art.  Some creative genius made this on Vero Beach before I happened along and I was feeling pretty blessed to get to see it before the tide came in a washed it completely away.  The artist had spelled out Peace Baby Peace below the actual symbol.  It is almost the antithesis of "Drill Baby Drill" and a reminder of the ill-conceived ideology that got us to the place where we now fear the worst for our beaches.  I feel the need to visualize the best possible outcome, despite my fears.  For those who have already seen the oil drench their homes and their wildlife, I hope that a miracle is not too much to expect.  And for the tiny feet that made the prints in this piece of art, I pray that their world will not be ruined by the damage man has done.  And can the oil please stop gushing now?

No comments:

Post a Comment