Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Beach Scene

This was the view from our balcony at Grandmama's beach house in Vero Beach.  That's where we spent a most blissful  first week of summer vacation.  As I look at the photos I feel quite nostalgic.  The boys have been going there since we first returned to Florida in '99 and it holds so many special memories for us all.

Since the oil spill in the Gulf, I have wondered what this beach will look like in the future.  And when I see the suffering that is already taking place in those coastal regions, I can only count my blessings and pray for a miracle.  I don't want to dwell on bad news, but sometimes the reality of the situation is worse than what the reporters can even say.  I am afraid that this is the case at this moment and it has forced me to reflect on these beautiful beach scenes that I have snapped throughout my life.

You know the photos, we've all taken them.  Just a shot of your kids with the glorious blue in the background.  Or maybe just the endless stretch of beach with white foam washing up.  Maybe you even skipped right by it, as though it wasn't as interesting to look at as the photos with people in them.  I am looking at those beach scenes differently now.  I hope and pray that our shores will always be this heavenly and that many more generations will be blessed to frolic there!  And I also pray for healing for our friends and families whose shores are now facing worst case scenario.  What else can we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment