Friday, March 11, 2011

A Disturbance in the Force


Last night was a particularly turbulent night for us.  My daughter was up at least 3 times and told me she had bad dreams.  Naturally, my sleep was not peaceful, and I felt so uneasy and restless, so I wasn't surprised to wake up and see the news.  But the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan appear to be the worst of all disasters and the footage is horrific.  I had to look away.

As I look at this photo of the calm and peaceful waters of a day at the beach, I am reminded that nothing is permanent and we can take nothing for granted.

Let us be thankful for our blessings and pray for the people and countries impacted and that a miracle comes for them.  I hope there can be some comfort.  May our own shores be protected as well and may no harm come to the people we love.  This is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment